Slanty Van

Friday, November 17, 2006

The History

I bought van #1 from my buddy Duane for $100 in 1996.
It was an '81 "heavy half" (5 lug 3/4 ton diameter bearings).
225 slant six with A833 4 speed overdrive (Duane put an 8 ball on it for a shifter).
Had about 350,000 miles on it.
All I did to it at the time was put a water pump on it.
Over the next 4 years, I put another 60,000 on it.

In '99 I moved about 500 miles away. I decided I'd take a month & just make trips with the van. 23 trips, 2 head gaskets, 3 pushrods & a brake rotor later, The van & I were both VERY tired.

I started a pretty decent paying job & decided to take my time & really rebuild it right.

So, it got a new short block (20/20 over)
Rebuilt head
New rocker shaft assembly
New cam, lifters & push rods
High volume oil pump
New water pump
New fuel pump
New starter, alternator & battery
New clutch, flywheel & pressure plate
Platinum plugs, premium cap, rotor & wires
An Accel super coil
New tires, shocks & brakes
New muffler & freshly "lightened" cat
New belts & hoses

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home